Write for five minutes, no editing, on MESS...GO
I’m picking up the scattered droppings left by her when we
walked in the door after daycare…her emptied backpack, the spring picture she
did with green handprints serving as a background of grass for the construction
paper flowers glued on in crooked lines…her discarded socks still holding the
shape of her little feet.
I would normally be annoyed at the mess I have to pick up,
but today I remind myself that without this mess…
I wouldn’t also have the precious kisses planted on my
face…I would miss the giggles and cries of “more” when I tickle her belly or
pretend to eat her clean piggy toes after her bath…I would never hear her
mispronounced words that I secretly hope she never learns how to say.
If I didn’t have to clean up the mess, yes, I would have
more time to do things I want to do for myself. But then, I would never have
been lucky enough to be a mom to my bonus baby – the one who surprised me and
turned my little ordered world upside down.
STOP.
Stopping by from FMF... What a lovely reminder that the mess is sometimes a blessing! My three kids range in age from 25 to 9, so I also have a big age gap there. :-)
ReplyDeleteLife is just one big contrast. Any mom can track with the frustration of mess our kids leave behind, but I suppose we might miss the mess a bit when they are grown. There's always more than one way to look at things and you've done that here.
ReplyDeleteChristy @ A Heartening Life
www.ahearteninglife.com