Monday, March 10, 2014

Multitudes on Mondays

My mom has suggested this more than once and I recently read Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, so I am now purposefully looking for things to be grateful for every day. 

Some of my recent favorites from my list:

Cupping her ear with her tiny hand, she exclaims, “I hear da birdies!” After a long winter of eating breakfast while looking out dark windows, we are finally seeing light and hearing twitters of birds.

Hearing a quick and loud “Besh you, Mommy!” from the back seat right after I sneezed while driving home from daycare. 

Hugs and cuddles from my towering 13 year old who now has to BEND to put her head on my shoulder – both standing and sitting!

 Three year old wrapped in a ducky towel, asking “Hold me like a baby?” (I was struggling to find something to be grateful for in the midst of wrestling with said three year old who didn’t want to sit on the potty before bath, didn’t want to get her hair rinsed, didn’t want to get out when the water was drained…she gave it to me!)

1 comment:

  1. A great list here today. Being thankful in the sweet moments with our children when they "give it to us" the rest of the time is definitely worth listing. ;)

    ReplyDelete