Monday, March 10, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Willing

Five Minute Friday. Again, not on Friday, and this one's a little all over the place, but I can feel my "writer muscles" getting a workout that they've been missing...and other than backspacing once to fix a typo as I went (because I can't knowingly leave something spelled wrong!), no editing involved.

Willing…
Why is she not willing to do the same things for me as she does for her teacher at school? Why am I not willing to give up on the idea that I am somehow becoming less in her mind, since we spend so little awake time together?
I know that the job I have now is the job I am supposed to have – God couldn’t have planned it better (according to me, which, I know, is not at all the yardstick He uses when he plans things!). It came at the right time, it allows me to use my talents for the furthering of His work and it provided a second income that was needed in order to move our family where we needed to go.
But I am having such a hard time wrestling my will against hers – our stubbornness is cut from the same cloth and that cloth seems to be tying me down right now, making me unwilling to see that no matter what she does or doesn’t “do” for me, I should just stop. I should be more willing to see her as He sees me – a child who needs grace, undeserved as it may be.


Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment